Instructions for conference participants
Visit the 4th floor of The Westin starting Sunday at 12 pm to check-in for the conference and pick up your name badge. You will need your name badge to access all events.
The dress code is “business” for the Sunday evening banquet and the Monday evening Parliamentary and Networking Reception. All other events are business casual.
Connect online with EventMobi
Our conference app in EventMobi is your one-stop-shop for managing your conference experience and connecting with others. Update your profile for the attendee directory, and then find out who else is coming. View the conference program, read event descriptions and speaker bios, and build your personal agenda. Chat with other delegates, get the latest announcements, and more!
You can access EventMobi from any device, whether in a browser on your desktop computer or the app on your Apple or Android device:
Note: For those participating virtually, the live broadcasts will be in EventMobi. On-demand recordings will be shared separately starting a week after the event.
Live broadcast schedule
All main stage sessions will be live broadcast via EventMobi. All times are EDT.
To ask questions during the Q&A portion of each sessions, please type them in the Q&A box (not the Chat box). The session moderator will then read your question aloud before responding.
Sunday, May 1
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Opening banquet with keynote speaker The Hon. Lisa Raitt, P.C.
Monday, May 2
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: CALU 2022 Welcome
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Get big things done: The power of connectional intelligence
- 12:45 pm – 1:30 pm: Annual Meeting of Members
- 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm: Post-pandemic economic and financial outlook
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Risk, loss, legacy
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm: A conversation with the Hon. Candice Bergen
Tuesday, May 3
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am: Pancakes and Politics
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am: Advocis update
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am: The greatest leaders do things differently
- 12:45 pm – 2:15 pm: CRA-Finance roundtable
- 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm: Leadership through innovation: Insights from disruptors
Wednesday, May 4
- 10:30am – 11:30 am: The world according to accountants
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Meet the Producer
Video recordings of ALL sessions, both main stage and concurrent workshops, will be shared separately starting a week after the event. Whether you missed a session or want to catch a workshop, you’ll be able to watch online at your leisure.
CALU will make all reasonable efforts to secure Continuing Education (CE) course approval for the event from the following jurisdictions for the following quantities for credits.
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – up to 15.75 CE in-person / up to 21.75 CE including on-demand
- FP Canada – up to 15.00 CE in-person / up to 21.00 CE including on-demand
- Alberta Insurance Council – up to 14.00 CE in-person / up to 20.00 CE including on-demand
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – up to 15.00 CE in-person / up to 21.00 CE including on-demand
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – up to 14.00 CE in-person / up to 20.00 CE including on-demand
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – up to 13.00 PDU in-person. Not available on-demand.
Please note that CALU cannot guarantee CE course approval, nor the quantity of CE credits to be allocated.
To earn CE credits, your attendance at each accredited session must be recorded and you must miss no more than 5 minutes of the session. If you are attending in-person, your name badge will be scanned every time that you enter or exit the session. If you are attending virtually, the app automatically tracks the number of minutes that you are logged in and watching each session