Instructions for conference participants
The following information is for registered participants of the 2021 Fall Conference. If you have not yet registered but would like to attend, please register now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The virtual conference platform is at https://calu.can.chime.live/app/ . For the best experience, please join from a modern web browser (e.g. Chrome) on your computer. Connecting from a mobile device could result in limited functionality and inability to earn CE credits.
Your username is your email address (same one that is the associated with your CALU membership). Passwords will be sent out by email on Friday, November 19. If you did not receive your password, you can use the “Forgot password?” feature to choose a new one.
When you first log in, you will need to accept some terms and conditions that will pop up – please do so. This provides our audiovisual provider, Encore, with the ability to let you into the virtual event.
Once you are logged in to the platform, go to “Agenda” to see the full program. There is a toggle at the top to choose the date. To watch a session, you need to click the link in the Agenda to open the Zoom window for that session.
In between sessions, you can visit the “Networking” room to meet with other participants. After you join the room, you can join an existing virtual table or create a new table. You can video chat with others at the same table to be prepared to turn on your camera and microphone! Please note that networking is not available while sessions are running.
All of the sessions for this event, except the daily opening and closing remarks, are being held in Zoom. To join the sessions, you need to log in to the virtual platform and then go to the Agenda where you will find the Zoom links.
You do NOT need to have your own Zoom account in order to join.
To ask questions during the Q&A portion of each sessions, please type them in the Zoom Q&A box. The session moderator will then read your question aloud before responding.
Please ensure that you are using your real name and email address in Zoom, in order to be recognized as a participant and to be eligible for CE certificates. Tips:
- If you are not already logged in to Zoom and you are joining from your computer, you will be prompted to enter your name and/or email address.
- If you are already logged in to Zoom, please ensure it is with an account that specifies your real name and email. If it has a different name, please log out before joining the conference.
- Please avoid using corporate Zoom accounts with names like “CALU Office” or “Main Boardroom”, or with your co-worker’s name. We won’t be able to identify that it is you who has connected.
- Please avoid mobile devices if you require CE certificates, because these devices tend to show up on the Zoom attendance report with names like “John’s iPhone”.
If you must use a Zoom connection that doesn’t properly identify who you are, please send us an email at email@example.com to let us know what name you will be appearing under.
CALU has applied for Continuing Education (CE) course approval for all sessions in this event for six jurisdictions. We cannot guarantee CE course approval, nor the quantity of CE credits to be allocated, as those decisions rest with the governing body of each jurisdiction.
Based on the available information, we anticipate that conference registrants who attend the full event would be eligible for the following quantities of CE credits:
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 8.75
- FP Canada – 8.75
- Alberta Insurance Council – 6.75 to 7.75
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 8.75
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 7.75
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 8.00
Each session description in the program now also lists the quantity of CE credits available for that session.
In order to receive CE certificates, subject to course approval, you must use your real name and the email address associated with your CALU membership (see Zoom instructions above), and you must attend for the duration of each session.