Monday May 2, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Brent Peacock, BA, CHS, Partner, Peacock Sheridan Group
- Brian McGuire, BA, CFP, Partner, Peacock Sheridan Group
- Moderator: Roger Sinclair, CFP, Partner, SBW Wealth Management
Advisors talk to their clients about risk all the time. It might be related to their estate or business succession plans, and sometimes it’s about the impact they make across generations, and how to protect that legacy. Yet how often do they look in the mirror about their own affairs? In March 2019, their firm was put to the test when Brent received a phone call from a mutual friend, while on holidays, that would change their lives forever.
Their close friend, business partner and long-time CALU member, Grant Sheridan, was in a coma that he might never recover from. Unable to communicate with Grant for the better part of 4 months, you can imagine the enormous strain this put on their business, his clients, his friends, and most importantly his family. All of their planning was put to the test in an instant, with no dress rehearsals. This fear of loss became a devastating reality when Grant passed away on July 28, 2019 at the age of 47.
Join moderator and former CALU chair, Roger Sinclair, alongside Brent Peacock and Brian McGuire as they share their impactful and emotional story. They will share not only what they learned through this process, but what they and the team did to ensure the business survived this crippling loss, and how they are thriving today.
CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 1.00 (T)
- FP Canada – 1.00 (T)
- Alberta Insurance Council – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 1.00 (T)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 1.00 (T)