Tips and traps for Canadians with U.S. 401(k)s and IRAs
Wednesday May 4, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Kim G.C. Moody, FCPA, FCA, TEP, CEO, Moodys Tax/Moodys Private Client
- Moderator: Laura Money, CLU, CFP, CHS, Senior Financial Planner, Coutts Financial Services Inc. (Sun Life)
Help your clients bring their savings home! In this session, we aim to help you understand how to repatriate your clients’ US deferred income plans, such as IRAs & 401(k)s. Kim Moody will walk you through the considerations prior to initiating a transfer and the steps that need to be taken to do so as tax efficiently as possible.
Technical, Case Study; Advanced
This workshop is organized by the Wealth Creation & Management Issue Group.
CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 1.00 (T)
- FP Canada – 1.00 (T)
- Alberta Insurance Council – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 1.00 (T)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 1.00 (T)