November 23, 2021 – 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Hemal Balsara, CFP, TEP, CPA,CA, Assistant Vice-President, Tax, Retirement and Estate Planning, Manulife Financial
- Florence Marino, TEP, LL.B, Head of Tax, Retirement and Estate Planning, Manulife Financial
- Moderator: Jos Herman, CPA,CA, CFP, TEP, Director of Wealth, Tax & Estate Planning, Resources & Solutions Professional Corporation
Life insurance shares have been a hot topic in the industry for the last several years. This session will walk the attendee through practical uses for life insurance shares and where implementation can be helpful for clients. The presenters will also review the tax and practical issues to consider when working with life insurances shares including the CRA’s current position and potential tax and practical issues to look out for when working with them.
This workshop is organized by the Life Insurance Issue Group.
CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 1.00
- FP Canada – 1.00
- Alberta Insurance Council – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 1.00
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 1.00 (T)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 1.00 PDU (Insurance of persons)