November 24 – 12:25 p.m. to 1:25 p.m.
- Sterling Rempel, CFP, CLU, TEP, CH.F.C., RHU, FLMI, EPC, Certified Financial Planner, Future Values Estate & Financial Planning
- Mark Halpern, CFP, TEP, MFA-P, CEO, WEALTHinsurance.com Inc.
- Moderator: Cindy David, CFP, CLU, FEA, TEP, President & Estate Planning Advisor, Cindy David Financial Group
Charitable giving using life insurance is not a new strategy. However, our clients are ageing with increased wealth, and face increased taxes on the transition of their wealth. They also express a growing desire to move from success to significance in their life. Attitudes towards life insurance within charitable organizations are maturing, with an increased focus on legacy giving through life insurance.
Because wealthy clients are also the largest donors to charity, CALU members have the opportunity to transform the Canadian philanthropic landscape by educating our clients and implementing enhanced gifting strategies.
(Practical, Case Study, Intermediate)
This workshop is organized by the Life Insurance Issue Group.
CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 1.00
- FP Canada – 1.00
- Alberta Insurance Council – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 1.00
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 1.00 (T)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 1.00 PDU (Insurance of persons)