November 23, 2021 – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Brad Charlton, CLU, CH.F.C., CHS, Vice President Estate Planning, Assante
- Trevor Parry, CLU, TEP, LL.B, LL.M, M.A, President, The Malthus Group
- Moderator: Lawrence Geller, CLU, TEP, President, L.I. Geller Insurance Agencies Ltd.
This workshop will discuss Corporate Split Dollar Critical Illness insurance. The objective is to advise CALU members of both the benefits and possible pitfalls with the concept.
The panel will review ways to present the concept of corporate split dollar critical illness, with the return of premium rider, to clients.
We will look at why clients may find the use of shared ownership critical illness attractive; how advisors can speak to the concept’s benefits; and possible problems that may occur. The panel will also discuss the effect of current tax policy on Corporate Split Dollar Critical Illness insurance and the environment surrounding policy valuation.
This workshop is organized by the Living Benefits Issue Group.
CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) – 1.00
- FP Canada – 1.00
- Alberta Insurance Council – 1.00 (T)
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan – 1.00
- Insurance Council of Manitoba – 1.00 (T)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) – 1.00 PDU (Insurance of persons)